What my followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ saw today:
• Plenty people who call themselves film critics do “patchwriting,” when they lift and oh-so-barely rearrange plot synopses from press kits. ‘Patchwriting’ is more common than plagiarism, just as dishonest
• Why am I suddenly being bombarded with requests to run “guest posts” at FlickFilosopher.com? Has Google gotten better at detecting junk, so now it must be better disguised?
• Gotta love how, now that they’ll be paying less, it’s time to get more women onboard. This is *always* how this shit goes: women move into a profession only when men move on to more lucrative things. If it’s low (or lower) paying, it must be women’s work. BBC won’t bankrupt itself to keep top stars, says new boss
• Just looking through merely the first week of press screenings (which start next week) for the London Film Festival. And… oh my god, I want to see everything. I’m not gonna have time to sleep.
• We talk about how the cute, it burns, and it’s all fun and games until it actually does. Meerkat getting a warm by the fire
• We’re a place now where trailers have alternate endings. *facepalm* The Hobbit: Create Your Own Version of the Trailer
• So here’s that new Hobbit trailer, with the dwarves alt-ending:
• Just as a matter of principle, I avoid all news about Katie Couric.
• I’m pitching an erotic “thrill-ogy” about a sexy android presidential candidate who fucks over 47 percent of a Western postindustrial nation. Offers over $5 millon only, please. Banks Inks Seven Figure Deal With Berkley for Erotic Trilogy
• Because, you know, blasphemy is totally illegal in the U.S. (It would be, if the American Taliban had its way.) Fox News Host Wants Federal Investigation into ‘South Park’ for Blasphemy
• It’s almost like the Oscars have a death-wish when it comes to relevance. I mean, it’s not like voters need to see the movies, amirite? Why the Oscars Timetable Change Is Bad for Movies (Analysis)
• Not sure why I love this, but I do. Batman’s Victory Garden, c.1939-1945
(hat-tip for today’s links: JimRomenesko.com)