the odds are in our favor (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire trailer)

They’re calling this a teaser, but this is a lot meatier than the usual teaser. And yet, it’s a true teaser, too. If you haven’t read the book, there’s no way you could figure out what’s gonna happen in Part II from this… which is just as it should be.

I hope the film is as powerful as the trailer is making it look.

MisterAntrobus
MisterAntrobus
Tue, Apr 16, 2013 4:08pm

My wife is a big fan of the books and seems disappointed by this teaser – she seems to think that it is considerably less subtle than the book. I am intentionally skipping the books until I see all the movies, though, because I enjoyed the first film. This one looks very exciting and still more politically daring than most Hollywood films these days. I can’t say I’m thrilled by the redesign of the “peacekeeper” uniforms though. I really liked the low-rent, practical, ’60s sci-fi look of them in the first film. They look a more generically Stormtrooperish now.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  MisterAntrobus
Tue, Apr 16, 2013 10:17pm

You pegged it: it’s less subtle than the book, but way more daring than Hollywood gets these days.

Wed, Apr 17, 2013 9:55am

I’ve given up on the taxonomy – a trailer is a trailer to me.

I agree with MisterAntrobus: the faceless goons are rather more high-tech, while the glimpses of vehicles we see have rather gone down the tech scale, and neither of these is a particularly good move.

On the other hand I do like the fact that they haven’t spoiled the major plot elements. It’s the sort of thing you might expect of a film called “Catching Fire”, and it doesn’t go into the other stuff.
Was I the only one wishing Oliver Reed were alive to play the president? Sutherland certainly seemed to be channelling him.

Rob
Rob
Wed, Apr 17, 2013 4:45pm

If this is a teaser, I’m a little worried that the “actual” trailer will give much more away.

Y8
Y8
Wed, May 15, 2013 7:02pm

After browsing Infobahn for associate hour i accustomed be terribly happy to hunt out this text.

friv
Mon, May 20, 2013 6:30pm

post thank you much, very good article I need it Thanks for the post. I appreciate the info on blog comments and will surely start looking out for people who are using automated programmes for making blog comment posts. After browsing Infobahn for associate hour i accustomed be terribly happy to hunt out this text

Juegos Friv
Wed, May 22, 2013 9:50am

The contents of the movie is very meaningful, it makes anyone look must also touched

Para juego
Tue, Oct 08, 2013 7:46am

This makes me sad. face of the girl in the trailer reminds me of my young sister, she diedin a car accident

two juegos
two juegos
Tue, Oct 08, 2013 9:46am

great video. I wonder songs in the film is called what?