Frozen trailer: Brave on ice

Did I just see that? While the graybeards stand around crying that someone must do something,

frozen1

the feisty girl goes out on her own to save the day? And might not end up with a husband at the end?

frozen2

I’m flabbergasted. Is Hollywood finally listening to us screaming in despair out in the dark?

Paul Wartenberg
Tue, Oct 01, 2013 1:30pm

Did we really need the annoying comic relief? /headdesk

Danielm80
Danielm80
reply to  Paul Wartenberg
Tue, Oct 01, 2013 3:14pm

I’m impressed that they came up with something that resembles Hans Christian Andersen even less than The Little Mermaid.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Paul Wartenberg
Tue, Oct 01, 2013 6:53pm

I would have been more forgiving of the annoying comic relief it it had a female voice.

singlestick
singlestick
Tue, Oct 01, 2013 4:32pm

Mildly curious. On the one hand, we have a feisty female protagonist (and possibly also a female villain) at the center of the story. On the other hand, we have a fictional kingdom that sounds like a bunch of frat boys and girls, corny sidekicks, and possibly stale, by-the-numbers plotting.

I hope the film is much less “play-it-safe” than the trailer indicates.

Etana
Etana
Wed, Oct 02, 2013 4:59am

So they’re doing the thing they did with Tangled where they market the movie as a Shrek-like comedy and it’s really a straightforward musical?

Mate Sršen
Wed, Oct 02, 2013 10:04am

The trailer sidelined the ‘villain’ to a suspicious degree. I’m choosing to hope they do something interesting with her – maybe there’s a good reason for what she’s doing, or at least we’ll be given an opportunity to sympathize? Anything that would make her too complex to digest in a two minute trailer.

Mate Sršen
reply to  Mate Sršen
Wed, Oct 02, 2013 12:12pm

BTW that’s *obviously* Tangled on ice.

Wed, Oct 02, 2013 4:08pm

I don’t know, all the actual adventure stuff seems to have Mr Beefcake trailing along. (I can’t tell whether it’s meant to be one guy or two who just look very similar.)

Brave doesn’t count as a Big Success (BOM says total gross just under 3x budget, so it’s made money but maybe not all that much) so I doubt Disney is explicitly copying it.

Anyone want a small bet? I reckon there will be at least one “snow balls” joke from the comic relief, just disguised enough to look like an accident if anyone calls them on it.