As an executive member of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences — that’s like AMPAS, the Academy that hands out the Oscars, except for the Internet — I help pick these winners.
A brief rundown of some of the film- and TV-related nods:
• Steven Soderbergh, Film & Video Person of the Year, “for his incredible contributions to digital filmmaking.”
• Laura Linney, Best Actress, “for her spellbinding work in the role of Wendy in the Netflix original series Ozark.”
• Lens of Time, Best Documentary Series, from the California Academy of Sciences
• The Late Late Show with James Corden, Best Entertainment Channel or Network
• Better Call Saul Los Pollos Hermanos Training Videos, Best Writing
• The Daily Show Between the Scenes, Best Comedy
• StarWars.com, Best Movie & Film Web Site
And that just scratches the surface of this year’s Webby winners. See them all at The Webby Awards.